We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Did Dr Kelly commit suicide?

JanetO

Likes # 0

The request from eminant doctors to hold a proper enquiry have been turned down by the Attorney General:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13709515

Like this post
mole44

Likes # 0

We don`t know is the answer but i can sure smell cow dung on this case,nothing to hide then hold an open enquiry,if no enquiry then you must like me make your own mind up.

Like this post
Cymro.

Likes # 0

link text

Personally I think he did commit suicide but an inquiry would be a very good thing. It might even help stop all the conspiracies that are sure to follow these sort of things.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

It's not in the Government's interest to allow an enquiry into Dr Kelly's death.

If he committed suicide it shows that he was remorseful over bowing to pressure and basically lying in a report that lead the country into war

If he was murdered it was most likely to stop him from talking

Neither outcome looks good...

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

We need another Shakespear

Like this post
Cymro.

Likes # 0

wee eddie "We need another Shakespeare" Perhaps so, but there are people who say that it was not Shakespeare who wrote all that stuff. But that is another conspiracy theory.

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

If Dr Kelly did commit suicide which I for one do not think he did it was because he was about to be dismissed from his civil service post. He was a sick man and he was much older than his wife and obviousy was thinking of her financial future should he die. A civil servant who is dismissed loses his accrued pension and gratuity, but if he dies in service as he did a portion of his pension and gratuity is paid to his spouse. Personnaly I think there are too many unanswered questions surrounding the location and manner of his death as has been quoted previously it is not in any government's interest to get these murky secrets out in the open for all to see.

Like this post
Cymro.

Likes # 0

st-clares "it is not in any government's interest to get these murky secrets out in the open for all to see". If he was murdered on the orders of someone connected with the government of the day they would have made a better job of it. They would have done it in such a way that there would be no room for suspicion or doubt. We may think that government agencies such as MI5 are a load of bumbling idiots that get everything they do wrong but that is not the way of it in the real world.

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

I did not say directly the government were involved but it wouldn't be the first time the security services have bungled an operation. I cant give any instances at the moment other than the "Buster Crabbe" incident in Portsmouth harbour in the 1950s. I am old enough being in my teens to remember the Hoo Haa and international incident that caused. Even MI5 & 6 like all organisations are not infallible and make mistakes.

Like this post
Cymro.

Likes # 0

st-claresEven MI5 & 6 like all organisations are not infallible and make mistakes.strong text

Well they must have made a right mess of things this time then!

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

Well an inquest might solve the problem if every witness was allowed to tell the truth surrounding the circustances of what was discovered at the scene of his death and after at the postmortem. There ar many experts more qualified than me who have their concerns that some of the disclosed evidence does not add up.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

What's the best smartwatch? 11 iWatch rivals compared in our wearables round-up

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features