We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Hello Again

Vintage90
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi to all, I used to be known as cross trainer here, but have been away for some time, couldn't use my old username due to email address change.

New site looks great. I have become an iPad addict as well as my PC stuff, still going strong. Hope all who know me are well!

Jeff

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

I'll agree with all the others who have posted praising their iPads.

Like the FE, I don't really care about Apple as such, but the fact that they make things which look good and "just work" does them credit.

I certainly wouldn't swop mine for an Android type.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

Welcome back and that old name brings back memories.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Even with my fading memory I still remember your name. Welcome home.

Like this post
daz60

Likes # 1

Vintage90, welcome back..do you think the tablet is the way to go in terms of "viable" mobile solutions.Not tried an iPad but have been considering either that or the Galaxy,or just making do. As regards British resentment to success, that's why we have no more industry.

Like this post  
Vintage90

Likes # 0

Your expert is right! Android is at least two years behind. Get the iPad, you won't regret it!

Like this post
Vintage90

Likes # 0

Daz60 an iPad is not a laptop replacement. But with the right apps it comes very close. Remember it's a cloud device, so relies on an Internet connection for most tasks.

If you are going to use it out and about, the 3G version is best. Also at least 32gb if you are always within wifi range, then you don't need to fork out the extra £££ for 3 G

Like this post
Vintage90

Likes # 0

Strawballs and Condom Thanks for the welcome!

Jeff

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

I have an Asus tf101 and it is excellent. Well built and looks great. Iuse it when I am working away from home but also using it so much more at home. Its a better machine all round compared to the Iconia A500. Can't compare it to the Ipad but I refuse to have Apple products. Over £500 and you can use Flash Player which excludes a lot of Youtube etc., What??

Like this post
Vintage90

Likes # 0

rickf:

The iPad plays YouTube videos perfectly. It's built in to the os, and works out of the box!

BBC Iplayer, etc. Apps for all popular things, and many free. I'm sticking with what I consider to be the best mobile device I have ever known. FaceTime allows you to view and speak to your friends anywhere in the world, and as long as they are using their own wifi it's free.

Glad your happy, but if you ever get a chance, have a play with one....I don't worship Mr Jobs, but his company is light years ahead with this and the iPhone. I bet you a pint of your favourite tipple that if you spend a day with one, you will never go back to anything else!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Welcome back.

If users previously had an e-book reader eg Kindle and now have an IPad do they still use the e-book reader?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more