We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Hello Again

Vintage90
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi to all, I used to be known as cross trainer here, but have been away for some time, couldn't use my old username due to email address change.

New site looks great. I have become an iPad addict as well as my PC stuff, still going strong. Hope all who know me are well!

Jeff

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Vintage90 - iPad 2 OS 4.3.3 - I also have issues with adding a hyperlink - it appears at the top of the page rather than bottom which means I have to scroll to find it.

Cymro - I agree.

Like this post
Vintage90

Likes # 0

bremner

There are alternatives to Safari, but it means Jailbreaking (I wouldn't) IOS5 promises tabbed browsing amongst other features. The new Cloud version of itunes can be downloaded now from the US site, but I'm waiting until it appears as an offical update when I sync.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

My dislike of Apple is down to their business practices and complete lock-in of their OS and hardware.

If I buy a device I like to be able to use it in the way I want to, not how Mr Jobs wants me to.

"Jailbreaking" an expensive phone to run a program on it, and running the risk of it being bricked with the next software update, is not something I want to have to do.

I also don't like the attitude of many Apple fans, who worship the company in a similar blinkered way to religious fundamentalists.

Having said that, enjoy your iPad, it's a decent piece of kit, we have many of my customers use them for viewing their security cameras and alarm systems.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

I have no intention of Jailbreaking the device. The tabbed browsing will be good.

iTunes in the Cloud (10.3) is also available on the UK site Click Here

Just got my first 'Please wait" since the new server

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

A very warm welcome back from me - goodness how that original name of yours takes me back to the old days.

Like you, I've become an avid iPad fan. I acquired one when I had to advise some clients on devices for their sales staff to travel around with, and the iPad came out top of the list. They're happily using them now, and I am enjoying mine far more than I ever thought possible. It really does come very close to my idea of the perfect device.

Frankly I couldn't care less if Apple does make billions if this is the kind of technology the company produces. It knocks all other mobile devices into the middle of next week as far as I'm concerned, and it now travels with me wherever I go. It has nothing to do with worshipping the company in a blinkered way, and everything to do with recognising an excellent product when I see one.

Enjoy the forum......again.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Welcome back old pal, seeing as your are back I shall have to look out some obscure Welsh villages for friday nights o;}}

Like this post
Vintage90

Likes # 0

Peter and Brumas!! Many thanks for your kind words.....it's good to know a lot of you remain here. It's going to take me a day or two to work out the new site, but I'm getting there.!

Thanks again!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Brumas

The 50% of me that is Welsh feels entitled to say that most Welsh villages are somewhat obscure. I look forward to failing to guess the answers - as always.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"..it's good to know a lot of you remain here"

You might be surprised to know just how many forum members from yesteryear are still with us, albeit with different user-names in many cases. No names, no pack drill, but you're among friends. Not everyone posts in the threads, but they're watching. I get lots of emails behind the scenes.

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

Vintage90. Good to hear about the Ipad, I ordered one last week. Not impressed with 2-3 week delivery from Apple. My expert ( No2 Grandson) says if you want to just use it go Apple - if you want to play with it and experiment go Android.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Fire HD 6 is a really good value tablet. The Amazon Fire HD 7 isn't. Amazon Fire HD 6 and...

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

ACLU's Halloween-themed animation warns of dangers of ignoring threats to your privacy

IDG UK Sites

20 lesser-known tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert