We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Hello Again

Vintage90
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi to all, I used to be known as cross trainer here, but have been away for some time, couldn't use my old username due to email address change.

New site looks great. I have become an iPad addict as well as my PC stuff, still going strong. Hope all who know me are well!

Jeff

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Welcome back sir.

Like this post
Vintage90

Likes # 0

Thanks! Boy, the site sure has changed in appearance it's great on my iPad, which I use a lot more than the PC these days. It plays great games too, and meets with doctors approval!

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

I refuse to have Apple products in the house, for reasons that are many & various, but I'm getting more and more into the tablet type computers.

I was going to buy one last week with my birthday cash, but I've decided to wait to see if the rumoured Kindle 4 is indeed an Android tablet

Like this post
Vintage90

Likes # 0

It won't be a true Android, and as much as you hate Apple ( and I used to) the iOS is the best around. iTunes is an utter pain, but there are ways around that. You could look at the Galaxy, or Acerbic tab. But if you have a go with an iPad, you will really not want anything else!

Like this post
Cymro.

Likes # 0

So why is it that people like Apple seem to be so unpopular on this forum? Much the same way as everybody is out gunning for Microsoft. Welcome anyway Vintage90

Like this post
Vintage90

Likes # 0

I guess because most are PC people. I still am, but can't sit at one for any length of time, and the iPad seemed a good solution. To be honest, I wasn't expecting much, but I was wrong!

Thanks for the welcome, good to know there are a few old hands still around!

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Vintage90 - this new site is still in development and there are issues with Safari. On the iPad the spellchecker does not appear at all.

I find that those who protest that they dislike / hate Apple have often never used a Mac or iPad, they seem to object more to the fact that Apple (like MS) want to make money.

If people are stupid enough to sell a kidney to buy an iPad that's their fault not Apples.

Like this post
Vintage90

Likes # 0

Bremner, that's odd, it works on mine. iPad 1 or 2? I'm using iOS 4.3.3 another old hand, more of you around than I thought.

Like this post
Cymro.

Likes # 0

bremner "they seem to object more to the fact that Apple (like MS) want to make money".

I think we Brits object to not just those who make money but to anyone who is successful in life. We build them up just to knock them down again.

Like this post
Vintage90

Likes # 0

There is the issue of apps to. Ok. Maybe the price is a tad high, but for about £30.00 you can kit yourself out with everything you need. All can be made to open in Ms Office, Open Office etc. Worldwide radio coverage, including aircraft channels? .59p. I was amazed.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia