We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Archbishop of Canterbury has his say

Cymro.

Likes # 0

link text

So what do you think of this then?

Personally I think he has as much of a right to speak his mind as any of us. The Archbishop of Canterbury has warned that the government is committing Britain to "radical, long-term policies for which no-one voted".

Like this post
Cymro.

Likes # 0

link text

Just so you all know the sort of man we are talking about.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

As you say, everyone is entitled to his/her own opinions, but I think Religion and Politics should be kept separate.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Mind you, having said that, I am neither Religious nor Political!

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

Nontek, everything and everyone is political. The church certainly is, and always has been, and our politics and law are steeped in religion in all sorts of ways.

Cymro, what are you getting at, exactly?

Like this post
Cymro.

Likes # 0

Joseph Kerr asked Cymro, what are you getting at, exactly?

I posted the second link so that we all realize that intellectually the Bishop is a very much cleverer man than any of our present government. He is cleverer and a better educated than most and that includes many on this forum. I think he would do very well on this forum.

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

Maybe you should look into what he actually said on sharia law mr member. Here is a link to a transcript so that you may educate yourself:

http://www.archbishopofcanterbury.org/articles.php/1137/archbishops-lecture-civil-and-religious-law-in-england-a-religious-perspective

Cymro - I couln't agree more.

Like this post
Cymro.

Likes # 0

fourm member "signed up for the introduction of Sharia Law"

Well I don`t know much about putting money in piggy banks or Sharia Law but I bet he does. In fact I bet he knows a lot about it.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

politics and relegion is a bad mix

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

Well good luck trying to separate them.

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

So only Christians pay any attention to him?

You're just talking now aren't you? You either know what he has said and dissaprove, as you have already implied, or you don't pay attention and so have precisely no reason to contribute to this thread.

Unfortuantley I fear you actually have no idea but dissaprove regardless.

And I hoped to commend you on commenting intelligently on my link.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...