We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Any budding musicians out there?

chub_tor
Resolved

Likes # 0

If so go to Google's home page today and celebrate Les Paul's 96th birthday by twanging the bars on the logo. For a non musician like myself it's good fun and no bad chords that I have found.

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

I wondered what was producing the sound when I first used Google this morning. I soon worked it out but I didn't realise it was for Les Paul's birthday.

Like this post
grey george

Likes # 0

If you click on the keyboard icon so that it turns red you can play on your keyboard rather than the strings.

Like this post  
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Thank you Grey George, I was wondering what that change in colour meant.

Like this post
polymath

Likes # 0

You can also play with both at once when the keyboard icon's red.

Like this post
polymath

Likes # 0

And people in the U.S. can record it & send it to others, who can add their own contribution, & so on (so not just for boring offices, but uncongenial ones too!) I suppose it'll be gone tomorrow, so will have to be downloaded today for continued distraction.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Well I have been a budding musician for over 50 years but I wouldn't want to embarass Les on his birthday. I'm also glad someone explained to me the reason for the Google display today because I hadn't made the connection.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

What's the best smartwatch? 11 iWatch rivals compared in our wearables round-up

IDG UK Sites

App cloning: the mobile software industry’s hidden shame

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features