We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Please Wait . . .

Covergirl
Resolved

Likes # 1

I'm still getting Please Wait after clicking the Publish button. Perhaps it's the bandwidth as all external sites are throttled back.

Just happened again so if you see 2 or 3 threads on GYO Mushrooms, don't be suprised.

By the way, I've identified the problem and solution in my own mind.

You'll invariably get it if you spend too long writing a response or creating a new subject.

Solution - write your response in notepad or similar and paste into this box, do the formatting & links and click Publish quick !! Or Copy the text before you click publish - if it doesn't publish, bomb out and start again.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

I have the opposite

I have problems with Safari but no problems with FF4

The only difference is FF has Adblock running.

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

Bremner,

If you like to have ad block on safari too, there is an add on called adblock, and it is brilliant.

On my iPod, I use Atomic web browser mainly for PCA as I can set it so that the Internet thinks I am on desktop safari so that I do not need to come away from a thread simply so that I can switch to desktop version to post.

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

P.s: the only thing that I can not understand is that although I have safari popup blocker on, some polyps still appear, and it is annoying that there is no option other than clicking ok, so what I have had to do is turn wifi off so that what ever page it goes to does not load. It ain't popups like another browser window, just like info boxes that get you to click ok.

Why is this happening?

I can well understand with IE but not with Safari.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......