We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Are you a technology fan?

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

That might seem like an odd question to be asking in a computer magazine forum, but there's a method in my madness.

You'll shortly see a post here from a forum member called gadgets_one who is a researcher on a new series for Sky One. The series will be about gadgets & technology, and Owen (that's his real name) wants to find people who might like to be involved.

I'll leave it to Owen to explain in more detail - he'll post soon. Please do not add to the thread until he has done so

Like this post
gadgets_one

Likes # 0

Hi all,

That's right - we're making a brand new series for Sky One and we're looking for anyone who loves gadgets & tech and wants to be on TV.

So, if you'd like to get your hands on the latest tech or design something totally new... it would be great to hear from you.

EMAIL: [email protected]

TEL: 020 3189 3503 (UK only please)

Standard geographic charges apply and calls may be included in your telecom provider’s call package. Calls from mobiles may be higher. Callers MUST seek permission from the bill payer before calling. For the avoidance of doubt, if we invite you to participate in the series, your participation will be subject to signed release.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

Owen! I love gadgets but have no intention of appearing on TV. My forum friend Brumas would probably give you the reason why. He reckons my face would stop a clock. he's probably right too. I am looking forward to the program though. I like watching "Click" and other gadget programs and there is room out there for a lot more.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 2

Will this show be similar to the Gadget show on Channel 5 I wonder, full of presenters who believe the only way to get anything across is to shout or scream and generally behave like people who really would be better off on cbeebies or CITV.

I used to be an avid watcher of the Gadget show but it has got more banal and childish each series. Good prizes mind.

I haven't got Sky and I have already been on TV, I was in a Weetabix advert and I was on Crackerjaack (one for the oldies).So I have had my 15 mins of fame.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Does the address [email protected], indicate that Jim Bowen will be hosting said show?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

...let's see what you would've won;)

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

Testing - reviewing - reporting - yes - TV no thanks. In any case you probably would not want an old man that looks like "Santa" all year round.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Personally I think Owen has come to the wrong place - looking for anyone who loves gadgets & tech and wants to be on TV.

Surely a better place of 'recruitment' would be one or two Colleges/University student/tech departments.

Like this post
Chas49

Likes # 0

I too used to be an avid viewer of the Gadget Show so I completely agree with gengiscant's words. For Pete's sake Owen, don't follow their example.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

The Gadget Show - make that three who agree!

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

I enjoy the Gadget Show and Click when I get chance to watch them. There's very little else really, apart from the shopping channels which sometimes rename themselves tech or gadget orientated, however I find the stuff on these channels either overpriced or slightly out of date.

I have always wondered why there has never been a HiFi programme on TV touting the best buys in low, mid and high value hifi separates.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes