We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PCA site move

Forum Editor
Resolved

Likes # 0

We're planning to move the site onto its brand-new servers on Saturday morning, and this may result in some off-line time at around 11:00 a.m.

We'll obviously try to keep any service disruption to an absolute minimum - please accept our apologies in advance for any inconvenience. Once we're settled into our new hardware, site performance should be improved.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Fingers crossed, thanks for letting us know.

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

Fantastic! is there going to be any difference for us guys Peter? will we see any changes?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Autoschediastic

The idea behind this is to improve site performance - pages should load quickly, and you shouldn't have the waiting problem when you post.

Our site is subject to heavy traffic loads at peak times, and the new hardware should handle that better.

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

Thanks Peter! ive got to admit though i haven't had an issue with loading of any pages recently? but for the benefit of others i understand..

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

Thanks Peter,not had any issues loading pages though have suffered regular inability to post responses(though a quick refresh fixes that)

On a side note....

I've still never managed to post a response via my mobile,all I see is a "click here to switch to full version"(or similar wording)& whenever I do click here,or try post response I get logged out & taken to PCA home page.This is extremely frustrating as typing up replies on my phone isnt exactly enjoyable(full qwerty mini keyboard)only to have it vanish.Could this be a problem caused by the new site,or just simply my phone being a git & I have to type faster to beat the "timing out auto-disconnect" of my phones internet connection?

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

I find the site almost unusable at the moment, large flashing black box covering 3/4 of the screen with a broken up ad for cash for mobiles randomly flashing in the box.

Like this post
smokingbeagle

Likes # 0

May we call you Pete?

;)

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

smokingbeagle. You are asking for trouble!

Like this post
Colin

Likes # 0

Good luck with the move - I hope all our perseverance and patience will have been worth it. By that I mean the FE, the PCA backroom staff and us loyal members!

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

Brumas should still be able to stick a few postcards on prior to that I hope?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......