We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PCA site move

Forum Editor
Resolved

Likes # 0

We're planning to move the site onto its brand-new servers on Saturday morning, and this may result in some off-line time at around 11:00 a.m.

We'll obviously try to keep any service disruption to an absolute minimum - please accept our apologies in advance for any inconvenience. Once we're settled into our new hardware, site performance should be improved.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Flycatcher1

Re your comments on the Santander site. As an old Alliance & Leicester customer I was using the old A&L on line banking site which could be very slow at times. I have recently changed over to the Santander site, which I believe used to be the Abbey National site and it really flies. A really great site from an excellent banking company - that should guarantee a few irate responses;-)

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

"A really great site from an excellent banking company .."

Not irate as you are entitled to your opinion. I have never used the site, but the bank is a very different matter. Not only personal experience but just check the financial press.

Like this post
minilite

Likes # 0

if this site has moved and its supposed to be quicker,then i,m afraid it is no different then what i was experiencing before,it is one of the worst programs for loading that i use

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Not only personal experience but just check the financial press.

Santander has certainly had its problems since it took over Abbey, but it's far from being the worst. Barclays came bottom for customer service in a recent survey.

Personally I've never experienced any problem with my Santander on-line account. The site has worked perfectly for me, every time. The branches have suffered from a lack of staff focus in the past, but that seems to have been addressed in a major way. I have been impressed by the attitude and service I've received of late.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

minilite

I'm sorry to hear that. The site has been moved to new hardware, and it is definitely much faster now.

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

Re Santander,

My wife and I have banked with RBS for well over 30 years, and before that we were with Williams & Glynns. AS some of you know RBS are having to sell their English branches to Santander. We have been looking for another Bank for over 12 months and I think we have found the least worst of the rest, but we would NOT stay with Santander! i know some people have no or very little trouble, but try reading the papers and some forums and they are a real mess so we are not going to risk it!

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Forum Editor

Yes. Santander make many promises but in my experience few are fulfilled. But so long as you are happy with them ....

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

Re-Santander - sorry I spoke.

My best marks for Banking go to First Direct, but I am not too impressed with the HSBC Branch where I live.

Sorry FE I did not intend to poach your discussion. Site still excellent for me.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia