We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PCA site move

Forum Editor
Resolved

Likes # 0

We're planning to move the site onto its brand-new servers on Saturday morning, and this may result in some off-line time at around 11:00 a.m.

We'll obviously try to keep any service disruption to an absolute minimum - please accept our apologies in advance for any inconvenience. Once we're settled into our new hardware, site performance should be improved.

Like this post
lucky1

Likes # 0

Thanks for the info F.E.

Like this post
n47.

Likes # 0

Hope the move goes smoothly and it solves some of the problems.

Like this post
MAJ

Likes # 0

"May we call you Pete? ;)"

While smokingbeagle's post was tongue-in-cheek, most forums etiquette is to call a user by their username not their real name.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

smokingbeagle

"May we call you Pete?"

I would rather you didn't, to be honest.

Like this post
simonjary

Likes # 0

Chegs ®™: We're working on optimising the mobile site's forum functionality. Believe me, we can't wait for mobile forum posting to return, as well.

A194: We'll look into that. If you could send me a screenshot of what you're experiencing, that would help us get to the bottom of it. Contact details via Contact US link below.

Cheers,

Simon Publisher, PC Advisor

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

Well its all ok this end if uve already been at it? site seems good?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"Site seems good?"

Right, now what happens if I press this red button?

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Back on line here and seems FAST!

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

BLISTERING fast this end! fastest ive seen since using the site for yrs! job well done so far!

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Like greased lightning here, give yourselves a pat on the back :o}

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added