We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 8 Windows Explorer Ribbon

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

some screen shots of win 8 ribbon etc

link text

1: http://Windows 8 Secrets: Windows Explorer Ribbon

not sure i like them whats your view

• Tags:
  • w8
Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Well I am not at all sure I can quite grasp what is going on there.

Like this sites change - we are all used to the old one and are a little but put off by the new- but we will get used to it.

The same for Windows if that is the way they are going -they wont revert. If you like the old way then stick to XP/7 or go Linux.

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

Have you hit the link text you posted.???

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

beta

not sure what happened there must be part of the PCA errors they are trying to fix

link text

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

link now works on my 2nd post

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

I think whats going wrong with all these iface changes is that sites like google/IE/yahoo/Facebook have all recently changed the fonts and their whole look and where the icons are, i like a simple site thats easy to navigate round! ive been using the above sites for many years and all of the above have changed them in a way i just dont like!

Why has facebook STILL not able to understand that when a new account is open the default settings should be "Friends Only" viewable instead they risk a newbies conversation/photos and Info to the complete world? IMHO i think thats just lack of common sense from FB!

Yahoo again changed its main page it looks like a bloody mess now? the check mail icon is now on the other side of the site? & also its worth pointing out that the old version of the mail all of a sudden has gone snail slow? and i tried this on mulitple pcs? BUT to my amazement when i upgraded it the site went back to normal.? Is this a forced upgrade from them??

IE never liked apart from when u have to instal some programs that you cannot with any other browsers?

Why dont these huge companies let the user/s be able to keep the templates how they want the? why must it be set in stone that they decide where everything should be? they have the sites fine until everyone gets used to them then they change them? i would like to have the icons where they was before but thats now not an option?

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Face Book! Wassat?

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

Take a look at the new UI. Building "Windows 8" - Video #1

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

beta

looks like the end of browsers, its very similar to an android phone.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

"it is very similar to an andriod phone"

No - it is almost identical to MS Windows Mobile 7

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

not seen Windows Mobile 7 is it any good?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia