We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How Much Do You Use?

Fruit Bat /\0/\
Resolved

Likes # 0

We all keep complaining about the slowness of posting but do you realise how big this site is?

Having read the new Mag I thought I would have a look at the Winter Photo pictures (no link printed in Mag) so did a search on the site, ended up looking at all sorts of different things like photo advisor etc. before finding the pics.

That's when I realised even though I spend a lot of time on the site I only use a small proportion of it mostly Helproom and Speakers Corner.

So how much of the site and what parts do you use?

Like this post
lucky1

Likes # 0

I regularly 'wander off' to the 'Shopping' section and the 'How To' tutorials etc. It's very true what you say, there's a whole lot of information just waiting to be discovered here.

Like this post
Blackhat

Likes # 0

Speakers corner is always my first port off call, daytime hourly, evenings on and off. During the day I will look at almost all of the forums but rarely post anywhere other than speakers corner.

Not just this site to consider, A while ago I started using a web site for atmospheric imagery and only found out that it had its own discussion/chat room after about a year, all I was doing was looking at pictures! After becoming more involved I am now an administrator/editor of the chat room as well as organising functions and meeting other members.

I have no idea how I first came across PCA it was over 6 years ago that I registered.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

following forums

helproom consumer speakers beginers

occasionly but not often windows7 mobile

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

As well as Using little of the site I find its the same with some software packages especially the MS ones.

MS Word, I use all the time to write training documents but there are very many features that I never use in it.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

You have raised a good point about software packages, that perhaps people only require certain parts of the package. But I wonder how many people would object, if some of these parts were missing or didn't work to the purchaser's precise requirements?.

But coming back to the original question. I probably use less than a quarter of this website (Helproom- Consumerwatch- Speakers Corner), and similar in others forums I use. It is not a case that the items might not interest me on occasions, more perhaps of becoming involved with them as a long term antidote for something else.

Like this post  
CurlyWhirly

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat "Having read the new Mag"

That reminded me, I miss the picture of the latest PCA magazine on the new forum format !

Like this post
CurlyWhirly

Likes # 0

I regularly browse the following forums:

Consumerwatch, Speakers Corner, Networking, Absolute Beginners, Digital Home, Windows Vista and Games.

Soon I'll be adding the Windows 7 forum to the list as I plan on installing Windows 7 on my new 120 GB SSD drive, probably tomorrow !

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Time to close this one I think :0)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Is this the actual Note 4 - video

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...