We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Display mobile phones Advice pls?

Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

Hello i have just bought eight "Display phones" off Ebay by mistake, the seller gave me second chance offer cause what he has done is put the advert as if they are REAL phones and not empty carcasses? his advert is VERY misleading and so easy to misunderstand, he has 100% positive feedback and so do i, but ive been left with eight no good to me carcasses from some very nice phones? i have no use for them and i dont want to cancel and have him give me negative feedback,

Does anyone know what i can do with them? they are new unused and my only thought was if they are real cases that the same phones are if it is possible to open them i could sell the cases on ebay?

Any ideas pls?

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

As you have the option to comment on feedback,why not just cancel & if you get bad feedback,explain why.

Like this post
n47.

Likes # 0

Email the person and explain you thought they were complete phones and ask if you could cancel the deal. That way neither of you would get negative feedback. If it's a no go. Then.

Unless you have paid a lot of money for them. I would resell them one at a time with full description and cut your losses. That way you both retain 100% feed back.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Well, they do say there's no such thing as a free lunch.

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

If he's selling them with a misleading description, they are likely no use to him or anyone else as replacement cases.

Either way, I think you'll probably find there is something in his advert that will absolve him, in which case it's Caveat Emptor - although the price should probably have told you that they are just dummies.

Was it a BIN or were you bidding against other similarly mislead punters?

If the price is disproportionate to the worth and you feel the advert was misleading, appeal.

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

HI guys thanks for the replies, He basically described them as:

• Perfect for someone with a phone shop or new starter.

*All phones are new never been used on display.

*There are various models as seen in the picture.

*If you would like more information of models please email me.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

"Hello I have just bought eight "Display phones" off Ebay by mistake, *the seller gave me second chance offer cause what he has done is put the advert as if they are REAL phones and not empty carcasses?"

Does this highlighted bit mean that you bought the phones, out-with eBay?

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

wee eddie yes ive bought them, still not sure what to do! he wont accept a cancellation? so i am stuck with them? not sure what to do with them when i get them? BTW i got them for just £10...

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

If you only paid a tenner,put it down to experience. If you were foolish enough to believe that you were being sold 8 mobile phones for £10 then I think you are either very naive or very stupid. I apologise for my bluntness.

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

gengiscant no insult taken lol well the guy has sold these b4 and like ive stated he has 100% posative feedback..oh well thanks

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 launch event live: Windows 9 launch live blog - find out first as the new Windows is...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK