We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

FIFA allegations (Not looking good)

Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

Last year it was the Snooker then the Cricket now this?

Is there REALLY enough been done to stop the sports from falling into this?

As a person that isnt really into football i have noticed this story creep up and up to a high profile story, The gentleman asking for the money to be returned has he a point.?

READ THIS

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Can we have our money back too?

In the light of this and allegations of Knighthoods being requested for our unsuccessful bid, it puts the snooker and cricket scandals into the shade bigtime!

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

It looks as if Mr Blatter is going to remain "Whiter than White". Yet it has all occurred during his watch.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

The difference here is that in Snooker and Cricket it was corrupt players.

In football it is allegations of corrupt FIFA officials much like the allegations against the IOC some years ago.

The problems stems from the fact that for the 24 executive members, who vote on who will get the World Cup, there is absolutely no accountability.

It was reported on last weeks Panorama that the Swiss Government are at last looking at FIFA and have threatened that they will require them to quit the country if they do not sort out their problems.

All 200+ FIFA delegates should vote on World Cup allocation and additionally there should be a maximum tenure on all executive officials of no more than two terms i.e. 8 years.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

It don't make no difference Football F1 Snooker Cricket you name it and they are all at it, no different to politicians, Don't like them neither

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

woodchip. I think you have got that chip on your shoulder. Is there anybody you do like?

By the way I don't dislike all politicians, but wish they wouldn't tell so many porkies. It would be nice if they could give straight answers to questions of course, but they all seem to have to ask permission first.

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

I will not forget when Blatter was giving out the winners of the World cup and in each case he obviously knew who the winners were before he actually read the card. Who says it wasn't fixed! He stated the names before actually looking at the card. Is he psychic? Or just very clever? Or bent!

TonyV

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

Is there REALLY enough been done to stop the sports from falling into this?

I'm afraid it's just the same old story - money!

When big money becomes available the crooks follow it, football is the perfect example. Cricket and snooker are relative newcomers to large attainable cash sums.Boxing always had a bit of a 'dodgy' past.

Have we had any bad golf 'stories' yet? Surprising.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 launch event as it happened: Read our Windows 10 launch live blog - find out first as...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK