We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Virtual Ghibli (amazing)

wolfie3000

Likes # 0

I know this technically should be in the gaming section but I feel even non gamers can appreciate the sheer beauty and effort that went into this.

Some guys made scenes from some Studio Ghibli films in Minecraft.

For those not familiar with Minecraft, think of it as a huge virtual lego set.

CLICK HERE

The time that must have gone into this staggers me, Also how many Studio Ghibli film sets do you recognize?

Like this post
wolfie3000

Likes # 0

No comments so far?

Like this post
dagbladet

Likes # 0

Right seeing as you're going to nag ;-) I gave it a look.

I managed 28 seconds of what appeared to be a nondescript Lego cartoon. Slightly remeniscent (sp?) of a sequence in Monsters inc.

Each to their own. Did nothing for me.

Like this post
Snec

Likes # 0

I agree, Wolfie. Virtual modeling when done properly is truly amazing, and you are right, the amount of effort required is enormous. People who have not tried it cannot understand the hours of painstaking effort that goes into stuff like this. I've done a bit myself. Not of this magnitude though but enough to appreciate the talent this person has. Virtual modeling is not easy.

Like this post
Belatucadrus

Likes # 0

I've watched quite a bit of Miyazaki but can't really count myself as a Ghibliphile, with the exception of stuff like Mononoke it's just a bit cute for my taste. Think I'll stick with Mamoru Oshii.

PS Did the gun toting Catshit bunnies live up to expectations ?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'