We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Please wait - wots the problem?

SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Opinions please Earlier this morning I made a 'New topic' in the Helproom - Attachment failure

When I came to post up came Please Wait

So I did, carried on with other stuff- on and off computer- and came back to the item - still -Please Wait and the button frozen. So I copied the text to a new post frame and clicked send and it went at once. Any thoughts?

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

This has been reported countless times and is being addressed by the PCA boffins.

I am really surprised that this is new to you.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I was going to post a similar request about todays (weekends) problem.

Seems very bad so far today, with constant posts going into the blue yonder and other delays. Watching your handiwork vanishing isn't very pleasing. Its all getting very annoying to say the very least.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Its all getting very annoying to say the very least.

I imagine there are worse things to be annoyed about than a glitch on a web forum, but it takes all sorts, as they say.

As I explained earlier in the week, we have committed over £10,000 for new hardware that will run this site in future, but it takes a little longer than five minutes to get it all installed and tested. Meanwhile, perhaps you can try to put up with what is a pretty minor problem in the overall scheme of things.

Like this post
Colin

Likes # 1

I sense the FE's exasperation over these issues! However, phrases like “I imagine there are worse things to be annoyed about than a glitch on a web forum” do nothing to placate loyal members. It's no use crying over spilt milk but this new forum is very poor compared to the previous one. As I’ve said in other posts, I’ll persevere with it as it is one of the few forums I know of that is well moderated, relatively polite and doesn’t allow junk such as avatars, signature catchphrases, my PC specs are … etc.

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

FM and Bremner I too copy and paste ,as I did on this occasion and, no it is not new to me, but I had no so far not come across active discussion as to what is/is not happening

And now thanks to Peter we know.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Forum Editor

Matt Egan asked for comments, good or bad, about this new website, and forum members are providing this.

Why is it that you seem to constantly object to peoples remarks concerning the well-being of this website?.

We all know there are serious problems, which we have been told are being attended to (!). Yes there are far worse things in life and your comment " but it takes all sorts, as they say" is perhaps another one of you regular but un-neccessary put-downs, "as they say", when someone asks a question or provides an answer that displeases you?

This website in its old format worked perfectly well for most forum users and the outside world, this one definitely doesn't works well, and your becoming regular sarcastic, arrogant and pompous remarks doesn't improve that situation.

Let's hope this doesn't end as a wasted post, and flies into the blue yonder?.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

spuds

"Why is it that you seem to constantly object to peoples remarks concerning the well-being of this website?"

I don't "constantly object" to constructive criticism, in fact I was the one who first posted a thread asking for feedback. What I do find a little tiring however,is people - and you seem to be one of them - who waste no time in endlessly repeating the same old mantra every time someone starts a new thread.

We know there are problems with the site - I've said so on several occasions, and I've also said on several occasions that we're taking steps to remedy them. Repeatedly posting along similar lines, and then hiding behind the "you asked for comments" excuse achieves nothing, and will not accelerate the actions we're taking in any way.

Referring to me as "sarcastic, arrogant and pompous" probably says more about your own irritation than mine, but if it makes you feel better, by all means go ahead.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I find it happens mainly on Firefox and if I go to I/E I can post it Ok.

So not sure if it is a Browser Problem or not.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Forum Editor

"What I do find tiring however, is people - and you seem to be one of them - who waste no time in endlessly repeating the same mantra everytime someone starts a new thread".

If you noticed I stated that "I was going to post a similar request about todays (weekend) problem".* But by seeing another posting on the same subject, I added to that, which now appears to be inappropriate?.

My original post and comments were not an endless repeating mantra, as you have appeared to suggest that I do on a regular basis (along with others), but more of an information request and provider.

Your last paragraph at 12:45 possibly says it all?.

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 2

Now lets get on with life shall we?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 things we want to see in Android M: New features and fixes

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 release date rumours: 'iPad mini Air' will be 30 percent thinner than current model

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone