We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

The incomprehensible vastness of the universe

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Scientists believe the explosion of a huge star near the edge of the observable Universe may be the most distant single object yet seen by a telecope. It's thought that the event occurred just 520 million years after the big bang. This means its light has taken 13.14 billion years to reach Earth.

Now that's what I call a long way. click here to read more

Like this post
userious?

Likes # 0

There's the "Big Bang" theory, there's the "String" theory, black holes exist....or do they, there's black matter that nobody can find and unexplained energy, there's a partical that really has to exist but, so far, they havent been able to find it so now, I heard, if they cant find it then it doesnt exist and, as I said, there are a couple of moons happily spinning around Jupitor that have upset all the ideas on how planets and moons are formed, there's multi-verses, quantum physics, space is expanding and the expansion is getting faster...or is it? Theories come and go, one day they might find the definite answers until then just look at the beauty of the stars and wonder.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...