We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Queuing for petrol

Colonel Graham

Likes # 0

As I entered Morrisons filling station, there was only one car waiting for a pump to become available. That soon moved off, but then a car came past me and went into a bay that was just becoming free. As it was a double bay I pulled in behind him.

I said 'Why don't you take your turn instead of pushing in'? He responded that it was not a queue, I was making it a queue.

He was an oldish guy, I got the impression this was an obsession of his. Well, he lingered in the shop, so as I had paid at the pump, I had to back-up and manouvre round his car. He chose that moment to come out and walked across my path. I gave him a blast on my very loud warning device, which made him jump. Some people!

Like this post
Cymro.

Likes # 0

It`s the once who fill up at the nearest pump rather than drive on to the next one in line that gets me. They stop the next car from using the second pump by blocking the other cars way to the pump.

Like this post
brindly

Likes # 0

I suspect these are the same people who drive in the closed lane right up to the end and then push in in front of all us stupid drivers who queue in the open lane.I sometimes wish I was driving and old beaten up land rover, i would be tempted to just ram them.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

brindly

They are in fact following the advice of the highway code ie merge in turn Highway Code

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

"I got the impression this was an obsession of his" - what, being an oldish guy??

"I gave him a blast on my very loud warning device, which made him jump."

Er, who has the 'obsession'? Lighten up colonel, you are meant to set an example to your men!!

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

"set an example to your men" quite agree (but not quite in the way meant in the post above) - show them you don't accept rude manners, blast your horn to show your disgust.

Like this post
peter99co

Likes # 0

I had that once when I had a trailer on the back. I drove past and went in to pay leaving the trailer in the way just enough to cause him a problem. He had jumped the pay queue as well. Slowed him down a bit.

Like this post
oresome

Likes # 0

I never realised the emotions and stresses that can be involved with refueling the car!

If you want a long life, lighten up guys.

What's an extra minute or two?

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

There are 2 entrances to our Morrisons forecourt. One is the main queue from the entrance, the other is from the car park area. It can be used to dodge the main queue if people let you in which they invariably do. Bad system.

On a side note, I saw a young lad smoking in his car on the forecourt of Morrisons a couple of months ago. He was about 5 yards from the pumps. Against all better judgement I caught his eye and he gave me the what do you want eyebrows. I told him, and he just thought he was clever. Tosser.

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

Amazing how some people get stressed at minor things like this.Hope you arent like this driving.

Like this post
Grey Goo

Likes # 0

tullie

Not about getting stressed, it'a about not getting treated like a sack of crap. If you don't mind being a doormat then fine.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia