We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

London 2012

Grey Goo

Likes # 0

Looks like the Germans have got their towels on the best seats again. clickenze hier

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 2

Nothing like a little gentle xenophobia to sell some papers.

Half the tickets for the events have been sold via the raffle system. This was set up to try to make ticket sales a little fairer, by having a period of several weeks for people to register for tickets, rather than millions of people jamming the phonelines and website of the ticket agents on the morning the tickets go on sale.

The bulk of the remaining tickets go to olympic officials, families of athletes, and good old corporate jollies.

The rest are being sold in every country around the world who enter athletes. Because there's less tickets for sale in other countries, and a lot less demand for tickets, they've been put on open sale.

But don't let a sensible answer stop you all from ranting...

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

fourm member

This site is getting more like Facebook every day :-)

Like this post
Grey Goo

Likes # 0

Well now we are all the wiser thanks to the resident fountains of knowledge. I will resist the temptation of putting the ubiquitous smiley face in.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

I read it this morning and was amazed. I'm just glad I'm not one of the many people waiting to see what tickets (if any) they've been allocated.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Nothing new, we Brits seem to put up with anything nowadays.

But reading the title I thought that it might have had something to do with the route the torch is suppose to go. Our local council are already making big sounds and possibly spending 'cut-back' money on this event, because the city is 'on the route'. Pity our local council doesn't spend some of the tax payers money on more local issues, especially sports and youth facilities. Just another 'jolly' for some, I suppose?.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

What I would like to know is:-

After the Olympics have finished, who will pay the bill for 'protecting the area', while the find some willing buyer to take it over (Remember the Millenium Dome Fiasco).

Over the last (e.g.) 20 years the Olympic stadium has been built over a lot of countries in the world. Has any country actually made a profit from it?, or seriously upgraded their infrastructure (Roads, Rail etc)because of it.

Terry

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

What's new in VR: the companies creating exciting new mixes of augmented and virtual reality

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...