We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Length of posts

Bingalau
Resolved

Likes # 0

Is there still a limit to the length of a post to this forum?

Like this post
Grey Goo

Likes # 0

6 feet

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Don't think so I've posted a couple of long replies (over the old 400 chars limit) in the help forum and they seem to have gone through OK

Like this post  
bremner

Likes # 0

One things that has struck me is that with the original post heading each new page we really do not want long rambling original posts - succinct and to the point is the order of the day.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 1

The problem with long, rambling posts (says he, who is the master of them) is that lots of people are deterred from reading them.

It's fortunate that mine are so fascinating.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Bingalau

Not thinking about writing an autobiography by any chance?.

I know at least two parties who might be interested!.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

spuds. Already done that for my children and grand-children. But no! I am not doing special editions for Brumas and Macscouse.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Bingalau No probs, I’ll have the standard version (it doesn’t have to be in joined-up writing) and Macscouse will have one with more pictures to colour ;o}}

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today