We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Renting a Haunted house

Portal11

Likes # 0

Hiya guys/gals

This is an interesting Ghost story for those of you that believe in them, one of my best mates was made bankrupt last year and lost everything, so he had to move out of his mortgaged property with his wife and kids and find a private rented one,

He found a four bed roomed house for about £150 cheaper then they normally go for he arranged a walk around with the Estate Agents on behalf of the owner and they loved it, Four weeks later he moved in it and all was fine for six months until he started to change things in the house, before he started to change things he asked the owner if it was ok to knock a solid brick wall down to open the ground floor up, the owner was fine because the tenancy was taken out for five years and my mate agreed to put everything back when he handed the keys back,

After he pulled this wall down all hell let loose! I didn’t believe him to be honest? I believe in Ghosts but I’ve never had the luck of been able to see one? At first we thought it was just the pipes in the wall then one night his wife was laid in the bath and their youngest daughter who is 12 was watching TV downstairs, she heard a scream so she knew it was her daughter so she got wrapped up with the towel and ran downstairs when she got there her daughter was sat watching a the original 1930’s version of Wizard of oz! She asked her daughter what was wrong and her daughter was stunned? She said “Nothing” why? So clearly the scream hadn’t come from the daughter?

But when she had got back upstairs the bath is normally lined up with soaps and bottles of shampoo and conditioners you know like some people do! Well they was all stood upright in the bath water in a line from one end of the bath to the other and what was more bizarre is it seemed to be only the full or almost full bottles that was in the bath the near empty ones was left in place?? They were no one else in the house! Clearly this shocked my mate’s wife who is a school teacher and whilst she was at work she couldn’t stop thinking about it, She called my mate who is her husband who was at home in the house and he said that he had heard some bizarre noises in the house but they seemed to be coming from within the walls? But he couldn’t locate exactly where? They had been living in the house a while then they had other issues like things going missing then one of them they found in the downstairs toilet where nobody uses cause it’s a junk cupboard, then they found a letter which had been posted and was put on the work surfaces by their daughter for the mother to open, it was found in the fridge?

This all sounds very “John Carpenterish” but I can assure you it’s all very true! The local media know about the house so do the locals, My friend was forced to speak to the next door neighbour and ask if the house had a history? At first they was clearly denying it so not to scare them away also taking into consideration the daughters but then they told them it had nothing to do with the house but it was the ground it was built on? They said that in fact the neighbours had issues for years but had to get a priest in and he brought other people and they spent some time so on and so on.. Apparently the houses had been built on a private grave that was just wasteland for many decades then a builder bought the land via an auction then got planning and built the houses some years ago, The previous people who lived in the house was only there two years but no one else had an issue?

It seems that since they started to change things is when it all went wrong? As I stated at the beginning of this I have never seen a ghost then a while ago I went for a beer there and although I didn’t stay the night I had to use the toilet several times now this may of been the beer! I don’t deny that but I so something very hair rising behind me in the bathroom mirror! It wasn’t a person it was a form of something and it was something that made me very scarred and I have no intentions of every setting foot in that house again! And as coincidental as this may come the light in the toilet started to flicker unbelievably! I shouted AGGHH and bolted to the living room where my mate shot up out of the chair! I told him and he then decided something must be done,

They moved in with a lovely English Bulldog and they had to sell him because he went horrifyingly skinny through not eating? They had him at the vets and they said he is 100%? The dog would not enter the house unless you picked him up and he was a big dog, they had to have a huge dog kennel built for him and then the dog just went motionless and wouldn’t respond to anyone? They have had to move out of the house so many things happened there some that it’s not worth me putting on the forum cause I would imagine I would get some wisecracks but my friend is fighting the landlord for his deposit of £1600 the landlord is stating he bought the house as a “Buy to let” or did he? Did he know more about it then he is telling? But the landlord is also saying he wasn’t given the months notice and he wants the wall putting back which my friend has offered to get a builder in cause he don’t want to ever set foot in that place again!

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

Another RAF Ghost Story. In 1955 at RAF Lindholme (now a prison) an Airman was charged with failing to report for duty. His excuse was that he had seen a ghost and was too frightened to repeat the experience. He had been working on an aircraft late at night and a figure appeared and asked him if the Bombers were flying tonight. The answer was yes but then the figure faded away it was dressed in WW2 Flying Clothing.

It later turned out that many people had seen transient figures in that area. Lights in a nearby Hangar were switched on or off and doors opened and closed.

The Ghost became known as "Lindholme Willie" and I do not remember what happened to the Airman.

Lindholme was on the edge of a marshy peat bog and many aircaft had crashed near this particular area one Lancaster appeared every now and then.

Of course it could have been the FE playing one of his schoolboy tricks.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

I think it's possible that you RAF types can't take your drink.

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

Bingalau It seems that you are right in the case of the Typhoon Force but I would point out - the miscreants were pilots.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

Bingalau Want to bet?!!

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

I know - half a glass of ale and a whiff of the Barmaid's apron and they are away....!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...