We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

SITE SPEED

onthelimit1

Likes # 0

I'm sorry FE, but the continual slowdowns in loading pages is making the site unusable. It's a pity, as there are lots of knowlegeable people out there who want to help, but they (like me) will be reluctant because everything is SO SLOW.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Totally agree, but thought maybe some tweaking was going on that might be causing it to be so slow. Will come back later.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Totally agree, but thought maybe some tweaking was going on that might be causing it to be so slow. Will come back later.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I too agree - been very slow all day! One only has to look at the last post times to realise we three are not alone! Pity we can't put the clock back :-(

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

It's a shame, as I was quite active on the old system, but now, I'd rather watch paint dry.

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

I agree> The time being taken to load a Forum page is excessive. I have given up at least once today, but may well leave a couple of days before re-trying. One of the things that annoys me about using IE9 is that there are no bars to show you if anything is happening, exacerbating the problem as to whether - or not - something is being loaded!

Like this post
BSOD

Likes # 0

Have been trying to post a reply since 2.45 pm

all others are still " please wait"

Pretty good for a top notch computer site!!!

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

The assurances given about the 'tweaking' of the site to improve the many shortcomings seem to have little basis given the reaction time being experienced today. It really is not functional compared to others and the 'old' version - which did fail occasionally; but not consistently. Every action from gaining access to viewing to posting takes forever.

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

Just managed to get through. It's been just crawling and still does. I wish this site had never been redesigned. Ever since there's been glitches.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

I must be lucky, I have just come on and the page loaded p.d.q. having said that, there has been times when I could have gone and made a cuppa in the time it took, but not Today :o}

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Impossibly slow at the moment, 5pm. Taking up to about a minute for each Forum or topic that I click on to load up.

Now at 5.30 it seems a bit better. Tried 3 times to post the above and gave up after Watching'Please wait...' for over 5 mins each time.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide