We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Stopping smoking.

rdave13
Resolved

Likes # 0

There, I've started a thread about how I'm going to stop smoking... Tomorrow is Sunday and I will finnish off all the cigs I have. Monday I start night shift and a bad time as no shops will be open at 'dinner time'. Not looking foreward to failing as I've published my intent.

Anyone got pills for this problem?

Like this post
Rob_08

Likes # 0

@rdave13 never mind.. but buy the book and you wont look back.. trust me it works.

Like this post
wellshgit

Likes # 0

Rob-08

Yes you are right the book certainly works. It's 9 days now, and I am managing the cravings ok. But last night I had difficulty sleeping, and my feet felt really hot, which kept me awake. When I got up this morning I felt really ill,like mild flu, and was aching all over. I realise these are withdrawal symptoms which will ease after a few days. After smoking 20 a day for 56 years it must be a hell of a shock to my system to suddenly having no nicotene at all. Anyway I will never smoke (or use nicotene replacement therapy) ever again!!

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

As above, you will not stop smoking while "Quote try to associate with non smokers if possible" You have to make new Friends to some degree

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...