We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Snoring

Shopgirl
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hello Can Anybody Help : 1: My boyfriend snores very badly. 2 : Went on holiday could not sleep for three nights. 3 : Tried "Silence" spray did not work. Before we went on holiday tried the pillow for snoring costs £15.00 did not work. Tried other sprays did not work. Going on holiday again in September "Hopefully" Looking forward to your views

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Get new boyfriend!

Almost all remedies are ineffective, I've tried many of them.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Different bedrooms ---- in different hotels if its really that bad :0)

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

p.s. It was my last girlfriend that snored, and it was not just a delicate snort now and again, but then so do I.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Does he sleep on one pillow or two?

If it's two, get him to try one - it can have a beneficial effect.

Is he overweight? That can make make matters worse.

Does he sleep on his back? That makes snoring more likely.

I have a client who - according to his wife - is such a bad snorer that a 747 at full throttle would sound like a whisper by comparison. I suspect that she's exaggerating ever so slightly, but you tend to do that when you're desperate. When they go on holiday they book two bedrooms - it's that bad, and fortunately they are wealthy, so they can afford it.

I'm sure your boyfriend isn't that bad, but it might be worth getting some professional advice before it ruins your relationship. What starts as a mildly irritating trait can rapidly become a serious problem for both of you.

Like this post
OTT_B

Likes # 0

No alcohol before bed either. It's a sure fire way of promoting snoring!

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Have a look here it may help link text link text

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

This has worked wonders for me but more importantly my wife Click here from door rattling to virtually non existent.

Tried the Sleep Pro 1 for a month before upgrading to the 2 which is a much more personal fit.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

bremner

I've got one, not that make but identical as far as I can see. The 'Boss' reckons it doesn't make the slightest difference too my snoring.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Well, if your boyfriend can't sleep (for three days you said?) because of his snoring then tell him to go for a walk and not disturb your good self. 8-| Seriously, though, just give him a good poke with your elbow. My missus says it works but as I'm the recipient of the 'elbow poke' I can't honestly vouch for it.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

BT

There are many reasons why people snore. A Mandibular Advancement Splint like the Sleep Pro will only help if the cause is a lack of firmness in the Soft palate and upper airway.

The problem is knowing what is the individual cause.

I tried several others without success before finding what worked for me.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014