We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Identification Longshot/Talking Point 460

Brumas

Likes # 0

Good Evening All. This is a GENUINE UNIDENTIFIED POSTCARD. There isn’t much to go on, as it is unposted and with a standard divided back there aren’t any clues! click here

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

And by the look of it it is going to stay Unindenified especially by me as it's bed time.

best of luck to the night shift.

G/Night all.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Aye, Iv’e had a long day too, G’Night All.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

I haven't a clue where it is but the design of the buildings and the general lanscape appears to be very like Thailand from about 80 years ago

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

What sort of air pressure conditions cause that kind of lingering/hanging smoke form such tall chimbleys?

Like this post
zzzz999

Likes # 0

Is that an olive tree in the foreground?

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

If I didn't know these were old pictures I'd say that was a battery farm in the foreground!

Why would anyone publish a postcard of a view which appears totally without merit?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

"totally without merit?" They get us guessing don't they?

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Yes, but I don't suppose that was the intention of the original publisher who made it a postcard!

I wonder how many they sold?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

But it probably wasn't created as a postcard to be published. Many old photos, taken privately or by a studio for a family, were then printed with a postcard back. They were never meant to be posted. I have several family photos like that. They date back to the 1910's or 20's.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I think that the point of interest here is the railway station/goods yard/marshalling yard with in the foreground a rugby pitch and possibly army barrack huts.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......