We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Laptop speakers in Colombia

charadegtti

Likes # 0

Im buying some speakers (2.0 or 2.1 under £40) for my girlfriend. What im after knowing is will they work ok with a mains adaptor in colombia or will I lose power etc because of the different voltage etc???

Any help much appreciated

Cheers

Adam

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Just a thought ~ The cost of getting them to Columbia might exceed their value.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Columbia has 110v mains so you will need ones that run on that, you will need to check the power block.

Like this post
charadegtti

Likes # 0

Im going to see her in two weeks so postage is no problem. Does anyone know of any that run on 110v off the top of there head or shall I have a little look into it??? What would happen if I just took normal uk speakers, they would just be underpowered right???

Thankyou for your help

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

I hope that you're travelling by sea, because it's going to cost you a fortune to fly them in your baggage.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

If they are for usage in Colombia, and will remain there, then don't even think about buying any here in the UK. There are plenty of outlets that can provide what you want in Colombia. If they are purchased in Colombia or the UK, then the warranty might not be transferable.

With regards " Im going to see her in two weeks so postage is no problem". Excess baggage cost plus duties, plus importation of such items, might prove to be a big burden. Certain items are not allowed into Colombia, and if you go via the USA, then you will certainly have problems. If you actually sent them by air, and didn't carry them yourself, then allow 3/4 weeks for the items to arrive (but will they arrive at their intended final destination. And I don't say that in a light-hearted manner?).

What part of Colombia are you visiting, because there are some 'duty free' areas at some borders.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

On arrival you could end up paying import tax. This could be be quite high.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...