We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Apple Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PC Advisor iPad app

paul trotter

Likes # 0

PC Advisor has built an iPad app featuring 50 step-by-step tutorials on Windows, PC hardware and software. It's free to download, so if you have an iPad we'd be interested to hear your feedback.

link text

Paul Trotter, PC Advisor

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

On first viewing it has very useful information.

I have one major issue with it. The menus take up about 30% of the screen leaving only 70% for the information. Personally i would would like to see the menus on one page and when you click on a topic it opens a new full sized window with all the screen avaiable for the information and for all of it to be resizable.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I think it's fine - everything worked, and I found the information helpful.

I wasn't worried by the menu.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

I'll download and try it later.

Like this post
paul trotter

Likes # 0

Thanks for the feedback bremner, there's always room for improvement and we hope to do a free update at some point.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

I spent about an hour this afternoon on my iPad, in the app store, trying to find it.

I'll try again tomorrow.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

ams4127

Just click on Paul's link, and then click on 'View in iTunes' - you can download from there in the normal way.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

I got it, thanks FE.

Like this post
paul trotter

Likes # 0

It should also show up in the App Store results if you search for 'PC Advisor'. Thanks again to everyone who's downloaded it.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

It may indeed, be free to download, but it's not free to use.

I'm not complaining, just commenting on the "Free app".

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon, Argos, eBay,...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers