We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PCA Website Updates!.

spuds

Likes # 0

Not sure if this is the correct forum, or whether I have missed any specific postings regarding the PCA website and behind the scenes activities?.

Since the release of the new site, there still seems to be rather annoying obstacles, like being unable to post, being logged out, low speeds, and sometimes not being able to get into the site at all.

So a very simple request- Are there any latest updates?.

Like this post
anchor

Likes # 1

A minor point, but perhaps PCA could revert to using the 24hr clock for postings.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

There seem to be a number of old threads re-surfacing. The reintroduction of the original date in the list of threads would help in identifying these.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

"Do you keep a library" No, it's just one of those doodle sites to pass the time away, maybe I should have mentioned it in the time wasting PCA questionnaire, but I don't feel I'm wasting my time there.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

For all thse GRUMBLERS

When this site was first upgraded, it had many problems, which are slowly being resolved. The current version is a lot better than the first, and for a FREE service (YES- something for nothing), I don't feel the complaining is justified.

Forum Editor

You mentioned other websites, any chance of letting us loose on them ?

Terry

Like this post
BSOD

Likes # 0

Terry Brown

Look at the very bottom of this page

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Have you tried the PCA SP1a?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Not so many slow downs now and just the occasional not being able to log in and the odd can't post but getting better every week.

Still got a lot of work to do on it yet so give it to the end of next month and most things should be sorted.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Quickbeam

SP1a, I though that was Windows or was it the first PCA website all those years ago :O)

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

buteman

"end of the month"--I only hope so!.

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

Hopefully, all the "updates" are being compiled for a mass refresh, or nothing (or very little) is continually happening very slowly.

"Give it to the end of next month . . . " ???

Note that it is not possible to add a comment to a news story. Note that all the links against posts are largely unneccessary because they do nothing different from other links.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'