We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Advertisements on PCA site

lucky1
Resolved

Likes # 0

Is anyone else experiencing problems with the large background ads for esset and Ford Focus? With me they are taking ages to load with the page doing a double flip whilst they do so!

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

Using Chrome, the esset ad is loading quickly but the screen is jumping around all over the place.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

I don't think I have even seen either advert as yet using Firefox

Like this post
lucky1

Likes # 0

Using IE9 here.

Like this post
n47.

Likes # 0

Screen flipping up here. When you go to click on a page number it flicks and you end up on facebook!

Like this post
lucky1

Likes # 0

I'll be seeing Ford Focuses (or Foci?} in my sleep. There's an advert for one now on either side of my screen, every time I scroll up or down it follows me!! Maybe I'm having a senior moment?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

lucky1 If you don't have the command bar activated then press the ALT key to bring up the menu bar.

Under tools select pop-up blocker and make sure it's set to on. You can also select it's settings.

Like this post
lucky1

Likes # 0

Pop up blocker is set to off.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

What you want is the IE7Pro add-on.

It is an add blocker for I/E but if you are thinking of using it look for an older version the latest version is a pain.

It also has a spell check on it and if you download it untick mini download manager and put a tick beside add blocker.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

This is the version that I use.IE7Pro Add-On

Forget about or do not download the latest version which is version 2.5.1

If it tries to change versions do not let it.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Just to add it works on W/7 but I have been told that the spell check may not work on IE9.

I Use W/7 and IE8.

There is another new one from Simple Adblock but they have started charging and to be honest I prefer the free one.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...