We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Supermarket fuel price cuts

Al94
Resolved

Likes # 0

From today click here

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

A fuel BOGOF would be more appreciated.

Like this post
zzzz999

Likes # 0

Ban commodity speculation. The thought that people can be starving because JP Morgan are playing speculators with food and so pricing it out of the poorests mouth to improve profit margin by 0.01% is obscene. Similar nonsense is going on with crude prices which you and I are paying the cost of in our tanks.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Nice, just after I filled up yesterday...

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

A couple of weeks ago I spent a week with my daughter in Norwich. At Sainsburys petrol was 133.9p/litre. Two miles away BP were selling for 139.9/litre and had people queuing up to get fuel.

Very strange.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

It's the same all over.

Some people think "brand name" fuel, like BP & Shell, is better than "own brand" fuel in supermarkets. They don't seem to realise that it comes out of the same hole in the ground, and the same tanks in the refinery.

Yes, BP & Shell have superior fuels with additives, but they're even more expensive.

Near where I work Tesco have diesel at £140.9 (yesterday's price), but the BP station at the other side of the junction was £143.9. It's just most people use the BP garage because it's just before the motorway slip road...

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I mentioned in another thread the other day, that our local Tesco filling station was forming queues for £1.32 litre and an independent was about 7pence dearer, with virtually no trade. A expert at the time was stating that oil prices had come down, and there was no need for increases at the pumps. It looks like his comments were correct.

Was going to fill up yesterday but decided not to, maybe tomorrow?.

Like this post
peter99co

Likes # 0

For the independent garage to supply a cheaper fuel he would have to buy from the fuel depot a huge volume (30.000 galls) of fuel.

Because he only buys small amounts he has to pay almost as much as a supermarket sells at. This 7p extra he charges probably gives him 2p profit per liter.

Like this post
lucky1

Likes # 0

The BP filling station situated a few hundred yards from the Grangemouth Oil Refinery has the dearest fuel around this area!

Like this post
GJC60

Likes # 0

Sainsburys and Tesco near where I live are both £139.9 for 4* and £140.9 for diesel. In my experience Tesco round this way is always the first to put its prices up, and also charges different prices at its own forecourts. The other week while driving in The New Forest one garage had diesel at £146.9 needless to say I did not stop there.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

our local Tesco filling station was forming queues

Could be people using their 5p/litre off vouchers for spending £50 in store.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......