We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Supermarket fuel price cuts

Al94
Resolved

Likes # 0

From today click here

Like this post
Admiral Allstar

Likes # 0

Just to clarify - I did not use the wrong pump and I filled up a number of times. In fact I stopped using tesco for a few fillups before going back to them and the car did the same again.

With regards to the juddering - it wasnt all the time just when ticking over (my car is very quiet normally) and when braking or changing gear in 1/2/3

I did nothing different with the other fuel supplies but my car just doesnt like tesco petrol.

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

"..but my car just doesnt like tesco petrol."

Try blindfolding it before filling up next time!

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

Many years ago I rode a moped that hated ICI petrol,I found the cause of the lousy running to be a white cotton-like substance in the carburetor which once cleaned out returned the moped to satisfactory running.I only ever got this problem with ICI petrol.I've also had a car that ran like it was using water as fuel whenever I filled up @ a particular BP station(the local paper carried a story a few weeks later about this BP station spending thousands of pounds having the storage tanks cleaned after a delivery driver had put the wrong fuels into the diesel/petrol storage tanks,made me think perhaps he'd done it before)Another filling station had problems with water contamination(now a funeral home on the site)after heavy rain.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Water as a fuel extender may soon be a real possibility, with a reputed 40% reduction in fuel burnt by using the residual heat from the oil power stroke to create another power stroke using steam pressure that also cools the engine [Crower Six Stroke Engine ]1

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

The link failed: Crower Six Stroke Engine

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Another link Six Stroke interview

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Euu. Just think of a that white emusion in the engine oil if it dosn't run hot enought to evaporate it - wont have to top up the oil just have to remove the water.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

From what I can gather the running temperature is much the same, but without having the weight of a cooling system. The steam stroke uses and extracts the residual heat from the 1st power stroke and converts it into a 2nd power stroke using the heat created by combustion of the fuel which would otherwise be wasted via the exhaust system. It look good to me.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback