We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Wrong kind of weather

Grey Goo
Resolved

Likes # 0

It seems the perennial energy argy-bargy is flaring again. Now one contributing excuse appears to be "Consumers are not consuming enough, so we may have to hike the prices"

click here

Like this post
OTT_B

Likes # 0

Grey Goo

It's all about supply and demand. Centrica will supply gas and demand as much money as they can.

Like this post
OTT_B

Likes # 0

Grey Goo

It's all about supply and demand. Centrica will supply gas and demand as much money as they can.

Like this post
Portal11

Likes # 0

no jobs available! Tax Tax Tax then every year new ones appear expense of living then the fuel prices food prices energy prices!!

this country is becoming or has become almost in an unacceptable state if your out of work!

We are seriously thinking of moving abroad my wife's uncle is the principle in one of the biggest universitys in the country we may be going to & my wife has a teaching degree so she is guaranteed a job over there whereas he its all red tape & not enough jobs!

Great Britain..Yeah right!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Its really heart-warming to hear our regulators and watchdogs come out with some fine statements, then do very little to justify their existence in the roles they are suppose to play.

I was watching a television program yesterday, which was discussing commodity brokers and how some farmers are having to be very innovative in negotiating crop prices 3 years ahead. What stocks are being withheld, are there for the 'rainy day' fund!.

But gas and electricity price rises are just becoming a total excuse for greed on the behalf of the suppliers. There is suppose to be competition out there, but you tell me where it is?.

Like this post
peter99co

Likes # 0

It's my fault. Because of the high cost of gas and electric I have reduced how much I use.

I will send a letter to BG explaining this and if they keep putting up the price I will stop altogether and go and live in a tent like Gaddaffi.

If they do listen we may see a small reduction in our bills.

I will let you all know if they give me a reduction.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

peter99co If you have a garden you could get one of these domestic Wind Turbines and be self-sufficient

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

peter99co

If they do listen we may see a small reduction in our bills

I applaud your optimism!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

peter99co

Don't ask for to much, BG did bring its customer call centres back to the UK, as have other utility companies :O)

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

spuds did they bring the staff over as well?

Like this post
peter99co

Likes # 0

lotvic

I do have a garden and a wind generator. I also use solar panels on the caravan.

I can resort to a Kelly Kettle to do a mashing of tea if I want.

I feel for those who are not so self suffient and have to do without to pay their energy bills.

I will survive because I have been able to cut back energy use.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015