We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Has fuel costs changed your car usage?

WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

As I'm sure we all know, fuel is currently very expensive (and somehow I don't think it's going to come downeither!). But I'm noticing that althought through the day the roads are just as congested as they always are, through the evening they seem to be a lot quieter. Are you using your vehicle significantly less for personal/leisure reasons because of higher running costs, or am I just seeing a 'blip' in car usage?

No links, BTW, just personal observation. And has anyone else noticed this?

WTM

Like this post
JYPX

Likes # 0

I changed my attitude towards car useage, and in particular, how far I was willing to commute, during the first oil crisis and I can assure you that I am not claiming any exceptional foresight. Am currently reading Jeff Rubin's book and I don't consider his claims about our use of oil in the near future to be in any way dramatic.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...