We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

www.police.uk

woody

Likes # 0

Has any one looked at this site? The site gives details of crimes down to street level. Have you checked the crime figs for your road and are they correct?

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

Is there no one interested in the amount of crime,or lack of it,in their area?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I'm sure that lots of people are interested, it's just that we had a fairly long-running thread about exactly the same site not long ago.

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

How would we know if they are correct or not. People don't come to my door to tell me that they have been attacked or burgled.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

It's easier if we just have to click a link Bobbies R Us.com

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

It's easier if we just have to click a link Bobbies R Us

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

It won't work, is it me or the site at fault?

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

F.E. Sorry but i did not notice posters actually commenting if their patch data was correct.The site is supposed to help the public and if the police do not respond when we tell them the prog produces data "which is less than truthful" what is the point of the prog?

"Kevscar" They do not list street num but show a collective num of crimes for a street.If you live in a normally quiet street with no crime and suddenly there are a lot listed - you would ask your locals what has happened.I have lived in London,for example, and realise no one knows the people next door!

In my case crime is listed and no crime has been committed - how do i know - i asked all the houses (friends) .Then i got the police to accept their prog was "faulty" and then asked if they would remove the faulty data. Now into the third month and no reply!!

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Quickbeam Your links have one too many ///'s

Like this post
Graham.

Likes # 0

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

ask pc plod from noddy, im sure he's telling the truth on like whats going on ear, ear, here and everywhere

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes