We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Red Padlock

morddwyd

Likes # 0

What happened to the red padlock?

Went to post on a thread, but it had a note saying thread locked.

No sign of a red padlock though.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Is a gold padlock equal to a gold Blue Peter badge...?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

It could be

but then we would have people competing to have threads locked, and that isn't a pleasant prospect.

If you want a badge I'll design one, and you can have it after you've been very, very good for a very, very long time.... how about that?

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

Fe. When I'm good I am very very good, but when I am bad I am horrid! How long is your "very very long time?" Will I get one before I get my telegram from the Queen?

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"I think for calling Gandalf"

Talking of whom, I don't seem to have read anything from him recently.

Is he still out there?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

It Means some body as been a "Bad Lad"

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"Will I get one before I get my telegram from the Queen?"

Probably, because you'll never get a telegram from the Queen. She'll send you a card, at least she will if someone contacts the Centenarian clerk at the Department for Works and pensions. They'll have to fill in a form (there's a surprise) and provide a copy of your birth certificate at least two weeks before your 100th birthday.

A few days before the big day the clerk will phone the person who filled in the form and ask for confirmation that you're still alive. This is so that grieving loved ones don't open a happy birthday card from the queen.

Almost a million people will reach their personal century this year, so that clerk and his/her staff will be pretty busy.By 2066 that figure is expected to rocket - over 17% of the population will live to be a hundred years old by then.

I may not be around by then; some other FE will no doubt be busily deleting posts and getting embroiled in heated discussions about all kinds of things.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

"some other FE" I can't imagine another one being able to put up with us lot...;)

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"I can't imagine another one being able to put up with us lot"

Oh, so I'm stuck with you for the next 55 years then?

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

the queen knocks out cards for 60th wed anniv now too.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

Just missed a 60th card from her by three years then... Probably be the same story for the 100th birthday. Only 19 years to go for that one... Must keep taking the daily dose of rum.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...