We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Red Padlock

morddwyd

Likes # 0

What happened to the red padlock?

Went to post on a thread, but it had a note saying thread locked.

No sign of a red padlock though.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

There's a padlock symbol on the "bubble" by the thread heading - black not red.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Ah! I don't get the "bubble" either.

Yet another feature which I don't get on the new site.

Thank you

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"Yet another feature which I don't get on the new site."

Which browser are you using?

I have just tried the site in IE8, IE9, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome,and Browzar, and the bubble is clearly visible in all of them.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

morddwyd. It is the same bubble that you see ticked when a thread is resolved.But in it's place is the padlock.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

FE

Because of my ongoing sight problems I have to use some accessibility options in the browsers.

No problem with the old site but the new one negates them so I lose various features.

I use Firefox for reading and Chrome for writing.

buteman

Thanks

See above!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

It's not as obvious as the red padlock on the old sight. That drew your attention immediately to see who had overstepped the line!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

...site...

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

my recent thread got awarded the silver padlock, is that one up from the red one?

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

Whichever colour padlock matters not as long as it is locked. Anyone would think it was an award like the Congressional Medal of Honor.

Like this post
dagbladet

Likes # 0

On the contrary, I'm intrigued. What does the silver padlock signify? I've only ever triggered a red and that was way back. I think for calling Gandalf something less than polite.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...