We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Well, what did you think of it?

TopCat®
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have to say that I watched most of the ceremony from early on and I can say that the Royal Wedding was another example of British pageantry at its best. The enormous and happy crowds are also doing their bit to make it a truly memorable day.

I'd also like to add that the 'policing' of the people was exemplary and well planned, which went a long way to keeping them happy after many hours of waiting.

Was anyone else who saw it as pleased as me? TC.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

We all knew (or guessed) that Sarah Fergesson would not be there, but where was 'Princess Anne', as the Queen's daughter, she should have had a prominent place.

Was she there ? , or did I miss her?.

A very enjoyable day.

Terry

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

'Princess Anne' she was there with that navy husband saw them on tv in the church part

Like this post
Grey Goo

Likes # 0

Loved the fashion show from the Sublime to the Ghastly and as for the Ladies....

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

A couple of things which struck me whilst watching.

A bit of the show which made me laugh was when the Queen and Prince Phillip arrived at the Abbey. Very smart service-person opened the car door and saluted for the Queen's exit. Her Majesty got out of the other door.

The hats of the two princesses (no names no pack drill) behind the Queen in the abbey, were a disgrace. No idea who designed them but they should be sacked. Anybody sitting behind them mustn't have been able to see a thing. One of the little darlings had to sit with her head bowed in the car as otherwise it would have been through the roof of the car.

Some really nice cars on view.

Oh yes, Prince Harry seemed to stick quite close to the very nice looking bridesmaid. (I believe it is Kate's sister... Sorry the Duchess of Cambridge's sister) Is there another marriage in the offing? A couple of female friends of mine commented on this too.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Bingalau

Beatrice was the one who looked like a reindeer in her hat.

As for Catherine's sister - who would blame anyone for sticking quite closely to her? Harry's girlfriend Chelsea was present however, so his close attention was just a best man doing his duty.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

Forum Editor

As for Catherine's sister - who would blame anyone for sticking quite closely to her?

Agree completely, what a strikingly beautiful girl she is!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Flak999

Something to help you go to bed happy:- click here for Pippa

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

Forum Editor

Some excellent pictures, good genes run in that family!

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

FE

Haven't you heard?

You must no longer call her Pippa; it's Philippa.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

morddwyd

I stand corrected - Philippa it is.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Why BlackBerry isn't dead: Firm keeps Mercedes F1 team driving with enterprise package

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...