We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Well, what did you think of it?

TopCat®
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have to say that I watched most of the ceremony from early on and I can say that the Royal Wedding was another example of British pageantry at its best. The enormous and happy crowds are also doing their bit to make it a truly memorable day.

I'd also like to add that the 'policing' of the people was exemplary and well planned, which went a long way to keeping them happy after many hours of waiting.

Was anyone else who saw it as pleased as me? TC.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I share your admiration of the way the event was policed

The Metropolitan police commanders made it clear before the wedding that today was one for a relaxed, happy occasion, and that they were determined that nobody was going to spoil the fun. That was achieved with an efficiency that was obvious for all to see - the way the police got the crowds from the end of the Mall to the front of Buckingham palace was an object lesson in how to do it.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

We Brits certainly know how to put on a dam good show. I thoroughly enjoyed what I watched which was mainly after the ceremony, thought the fly past was a bit weak, but all in all a very nice day.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

the fly past was a bit weak

I agree, but then I imagine everyone was a little scared of making a bigger show for fear of being accused of profligacy - it costs £90,000 an hour to keep a Tornado in the air.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

"not sure why william was not in the RAF uniform" Dare I suggest it was to avoid being outranked by his younger brother?

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

Flak999

thanks was not aware of that point

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

Quickbeam Royal Air Force Flight Lieutenant William is Senior to Army Air Corps Captain Harry. Harry has only just been promoted.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

flycatcher1, I wasn't aware of that either.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

I completely agree with the sentiments expressed so eloquently by all the previous posters.

I actually got so involved in watching the proceedings that I forgot about the round of golf I had arranged. This may cost me much beer.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

ams4127

I was supposed to be in a webinar at 9:00 this morning, but I was still glued to the TV at 10:30 - they went ahead without me. I'll have some grovelling to do tomorrow.

Like this post
LastChip

Likes # 0

Well I have to admit, it's not something that I would normally watch, but watch I did and it was superb.

As others have said, there is probably no other country in the world that is capable of choreographing pageantry like that and it was a privilege to watch.

No wonder it was beamed around the world. I suspect that's the largest TV audience the BBC will get in a very long time to come!

Great job and I wish them every happiness together.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow