We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Well, what did you think of it?

TopCat®
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have to say that I watched most of the ceremony from early on and I can say that the Royal Wedding was another example of British pageantry at its best. The enormous and happy crowds are also doing their bit to make it a truly memorable day.

I'd also like to add that the 'policing' of the people was exemplary and well planned, which went a long way to keeping them happy after many hours of waiting.

Was anyone else who saw it as pleased as me? TC.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

not sure why william was not in the RAF uniform, do not think he was ever in the guards during his short army career.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

I am far from being a Royalist, but I thoroughly enjoyed the spectacle of the wedding. Also as you say the behaviour of the throngs was absolutely amazing. Everybody seemed to be wanting to enjoy the day and so far so good, even the weather behaved itself. I don't think I could have enjoyed actually being there. But watching it on TV was a good experience. We need more joyous occasions in our lives. Too much bad news these days.... Is Harry next in the line for a marriage?

Like this post
daisy2bell

Likes # 0

TopCat®

Totally agree. Wonderful.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Lived up to all the expectations.I thought it was Brilliant everything went perfectly and a credit to all who worked hard to organize it. Bride looked stunning also her Sister who looked after the Page boys and girls could have been taken for twins they looked so alike.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

sunnystaines

not sure why william was not in the RAF uniform, do not think he was ever in the guards during his short army career.emphasized text

Prince William was commissioned into the Household Cavalry (Life Guards) from the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst in December 2006. He wore the uniform of the Irish Guards today as he is honorary Colonel of the regiment.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

Correction to the above post it should read Blues and Royals not the Life Guards.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"not sure why william was not in the RAF uniform"

He holds a senior rank in that regiment, Colonel or Colonel in Chief..

Much senior to a Flight Lieutenant anyway, and they always wear the most senior uniform to which they are entitled.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Cross post.

Sorry.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Thought it was a great pageant and advert for GB.

Best of all was that the couple looked as if they really loved each other unlike Charles and Diana.

Wish them well.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

I to wish them well, regardless what you think about the expense of such an occasion in these difficult times. It is heartening to see two young people who clearly love one another enjoying their day along with millions of other people who also enjoyed the day.

I think this spectacle will have raised this countries standing around the world and it proves we are not ready to become a republic just yet.

Nobody can do pomp and circumstance and perform pageantry like we can!

What a difference between the exemplary performance today and the violent thuggery of the student demonstrations.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 release date, price, specs, new features: world's thinnest tablet also gets Touch ID

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Will Photoshop work with Yosemite? And will Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro or the other A?......

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...