We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Shuttle Launch Tonight

Confab
Resolved

Likes # 0

This is my first post since the new site went live (fantastic improvement by the way) so excuse any dodgy links. If anyone is interested then the space shuttle is due to launch tonight. You can see it live here Nasa

There is also a bit about the launch on the BBC website here BBC

The launch is due to take place at 20:47 BST

Confab

Like this post
OTT_B

Likes # 0

Will be tuning into this. NASA TV, streamed online, does some extremely good and sometimes very technical coverage. Looking forward to it!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"This is my first post since the new site went live"

Then allow me to congratulate you on your grasp of the new link system - it's given some others quite a headache.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Thanks Confab for that info - will try to tune in. HB

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Postponed for at least 48 hours Launch Delay

Like this post
Confab

Likes # 0

I’m a bit disappointed that the launch didn’t take place tonight but will keep my fingers crossed for a safe launch on Monday. Anyone have any idea what time 2.33pm EDT is? Is it 9.33am BST?

FE – Thank you for the kind words. I’m one of those members that doesn’t post so much now but visits this site quite (well very, as in almost every day)often. After reading some of the other members posts it took literally a few minutes to grasp how to successfully post one myself. I haven't managed to work out the Horizontal Rule yet but I'm sure that I will in time!

My only one, and very incey wincey, criticism is that there doesn’t appear to be as many posts to a forum page as there used to be so that they fall off the edge of the page earlier than they would have in the past. It would be nice to see more posts to a single page.

Other than this the layout of the new site is quite superb. It must have taken you guys at PCA a lot of work to achieve the result that you have.

Keep up the great work!

Confab

Like this post
redsparrow

Likes # 0

2.33pm EDT is 7.33pm BST

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

NASA have not put the launch back to no earlier than 8th May

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Latest from NASA - The earliest Endeavour could be launched is Tuesday 10 May.

Like this post
Confab

Likes # 0

Due to launch just before 2pm today

You can watch it in HD here NASA HD

I hope all goes well

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days