We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Old Age Strikes Again.

morddwyd
Resolved

Likes # 0

This time a major blow - no more Fray Bentos pies.

They're too big for the electric opener, and my arthritis is no longer up to a manual tin opener.

The end gets ever nigher!

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

Quickbeam. I bet you think the FE never noticed that quick quip, did you?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I bet you think the FE never noticed that quick quip, did you?

I noticed, and my beady eyes are watching him.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"If you took a Fray Bentos pie out of its tin, wrapped it in foil and a cardboard box labelled 'Fray Bentos' it would not taste the same as a pie straight out of the tin."

Of course not.

They have to be cooked in the tin!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

what is the quick quip? - I have not seen any.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

AitchBEE. Quickbeam has gone back on the wagon now that he is no longer known as the TT man ;o}}

Seriously, the quip referred to a rather long running saga about Tinned Tomatoes!

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Past Glories ~ Where would we be without them!

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

Morddwyd "I can no longer get the lid off Fray Bentos tinned pies!" after what I have seen put into those pies I would have thought it's a blessing in disguise

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Any one who eats a pie or sausage roll or mince or similar that they have not made with meat purchased and prepared by themselves is aware, or should be aware, of what they are getting!

Nothing quite so tasty as some macerated eyeballs, minced penis and testicles, chopped teats and emulsified ligaments wrapped in a nice pastry case!

Like this post
Wilham

Likes # 0

Woke up this morning from dreaming/puzzling why the FB tin defeats your opener. So I went to the pantry and looked at said pie-tin.

The rim is about normal(3mm), but just below the edge the side drops another 3mm before departing from vertical. The lid is concave, and likely causes the opener handle to rest below horizontal (rim) level.

Perhaps if you you put a couple of beer mats on the lid, or an inverted childs saucer, ...something to lift the handle about a centimetre, your opener may work.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Wilham

Thank you.

Saw that myself and tried it but no joy!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Exclusive: Samsung exits laptop market including Chromebooks

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features