We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Old Age Strikes Again.

morddwyd
Resolved

Likes # 0

This time a major blow - no more Fray Bentos pies.

They're too big for the electric opener, and my arthritis is no longer up to a manual tin opener.

The end gets ever nigher!

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Should not be a problem, try this.

Like this post  
lotvic

Likes # 0

they've got those on Amazon as well, and I'm sure I've seen them in shops in town.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

[They're too big for the electric opener] And no good with the manual opener either. Like you gave up trying to open them.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Pie £1 Opener Price:£14.95. Looks like no more Pies.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Wiz-king

I think you misread my post - they are too big for the electric opener

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

you'll need to go for the frozen ones, then. Not quite as good but still passable.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

"Pie £1 Opener Price:£14.95", but you can probably get a nice homemade pie in a cafe for less than a fiver.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Pukka Pies like they have in the Chippie are available in Tesco and probably most other supermarkets.

Pukka Pies.

Excellent pies, our favourites at present, and you don't need a tin opener.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

Petrol cost to Much Wenlock (Salop) Butcher's shop in main street from my house about £30. Cost of two dozen pies for freezing about £30. Satisfaction at having a proper Steak and Kidney Pie to scoff "Out Of This World". No openers required at all. A bit expensive innit? So next time anybody is going that way can they please call in and bring some up to me? "Thanks in advance!"

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

No I didn't, these fit any can, you leave the can on the worktop and stick the opener on to it and it works it's way round it. you dont even heed to hold it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote