We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

My local is the

Graham.

Likes # 0

Dusty Miller

A few typos, but what can you do?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Kevscar

We're not having an edit button because discussions in the forum can take place more or less in real time, and having the ability to edit posts after they appear could create problems in some situations.

We've got the next best thing, which is a panel directly under the text entry box which shows you exactly how your text will look when you hit the 'post' button. The odd typo doesn't matter here - we all do it from time to tome.

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

Graham

Strangely, when I read your post, I didn't notice the 'matbe' typo at all, but only the grammatical error (the one I assume FE was alluding to in his post). It was only subsequently, after you'd mentioned it yourself that I saw it!

I suppose that shows that we all proof read differently, and so errors creep in. Personally, I always print off a hard copy and 'proof' that - and find that it helps me if I print it in a different type of text to the one to be used on the site.

Like this post
Legolas

Likes # 0

FE I now do that before printing the full amount. I read through a printed copy and it has helped. The real problem is I do the news sheet on my home computer print off a copy which is then used to run of the rest down at the church so if I spot a mistake then it is too late to change it.

Like this post
Legolas

Likes # 0

spider9 Changing the font never thought of that I will try that it seems like a good idea :)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Chromecast deals aplenty as gadget turns one: Discounts and free music streaming

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

5 ways drones are being used for good