We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

My local is the

Graham.

Likes # 0

Dusty Miller

A few typos, but what can you do?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Hello Graham - I presume you constructed that website. It is very good. You may have started something.Most people have the potential to construct their own website.ISP packages usually come with that facility but I reckon nobody gives it a go. Well done.

Like this post
Graham.

Likes # 0

AitchBEE No, it's not my website. I briefly mentioned the errors to the landlord, but I might as well talk to the cat.

It is quite good in itself, though. The picture of the pub is a mirror image, and the stately home in the distance has been superimposed.

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

LoL " . . . within just a few minuets dive"

One of our local eateries has a few menu items with a decimal point missing - £890 for Scampi & Chips for example.

Like this post
Legolas

Likes # 0

Spotting typos and other errors on a web site or elsewhere can be hard. I do a weekly News sheet for my local church and I never spot a typo or other error until I have printed it off no matter how many times I read it through beforehand, very annoying.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Legolas

I know the feeling. We have a community newsletter, and you can guarantee when the print runs are done, someone spots the inevitable 'major' error. Yet you can proof read the items over and over again, and not find the fault. We blame the printer, not that they take much notice :o)

Like this post
Graham.

Likes # 0

Matbe in another life I could have been a proof-reader. These things jump of the page for me.

Like this post
Graham.

Likes # 0

I look away for 5 minutes and y has changed to t in maybe.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

There really is only one way to proof text, and that's by printing it. You'll spot typos far more easily. No self-respecting web designer would rely solely on an on-screen read through.

Like this post
shellship

Likes # 0

Legolas Like wise only our church mag is only monthly. FE You are so right - as usual - but it is possible to miss things even then if one has become bug eyed.

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

and thats why I wish we had an edit button.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

O2 to sell exclusive red HTC One M8

IDG UK Sites

iTunes 12 release date & rumours: When is iTunes 12 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger