We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Ballot papers

hssutton
Resolved

Likes # 0

Have received today postal ballot papers with 7 candidates listed. The first on the list has no stated party affiliation with 5 being Independent and one Conservative.

I would have thought that all candidates political affiliations should be listed. Am I correct in my thoughts?

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 1

"The first on the list has no stated party affiliation.."

That would be the LibDem candidate, then! (;-)

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Maybe that is a good idea.

You will then need to find out what each Candidate stands for, rather than ticking the Party Stooge.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Placing anything other than the candidates name on the ballot paper is a relatively recent change.

It was changed because many people didn't know who the "party stooge" was, and regularly voted for the wrong candidate!

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Not even had the brochure explaining the Alternative Vote Referendum that we are supposed to be giving our opinion on.

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

Thanks for the link Wiz-King.

BT. No brochure explaining the AV/FPTP came with the voting papers, just the ballot paper

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

hssutton

I was under the impression from TV Ads that 'Every house' would receive a brochure explaining the system.

All I've had so far - in today's post and addressed to me - is a leaflet from the NO camp. No sign of the official brochure.

Like this post  
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Our ballot papers stated their ploitical affiliations.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

No, it's optional. click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days