We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What will you do on the big day?

Cymro.

Likes # 0

The wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton is hard to escape. So what will royal sceptics do with themselves on 29 April? link text There are several on this forum who for whatever reason have no wish to celebrate the royal wedding. So have any of you a novel way to spend the day.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

I might go as far as having a couple of rums, but it won't be to celebrate anything other than being alive and able to do so.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

I will be attending my own "Leaving Do".

Last day at work Thursday,

in various bars from 2:00 pm Friday :0)

nursing hangover Saturday :0(

resting Sunday.

Looking for another job Monday :0(

Like this post
Monoux

Likes # 0

Colin

I remember driving 185 miles from Portsmouth to home on the day of Dianas funeral. I saw only 3 other vehicles on the move on that journey which included using the M3, M25 & M11. Very Spooky it was.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

My wife and daughters will be glued to the TV. I shall be glued to the chair in the sun, cold drink to hand, Kindle on the table, resisting cries of 'Oh come on dad, you don't know what you're missing'.

I do, but if family form runs true I shall eventually be wrapped around one female finger or another, and will be sitting watching the event. Watching, but not listening - the constant chatter of three women will make sure of that.

Later on we'll all go out to dinner, and I shall hear myself assuring all present that 'yes, I had a lovely day'... and I'll mean it. Sometimes it's good to forget your own feelings and do things just for the sake of pleasing others.

Vivat Regina.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Get up about 5.30, go out to feed the horses and other amimals, back at about 6.30 for coffee as per normal. Unless it is pouring with rain will watch the recorded highlights about 19.00 then every 15 min until bedy byes time (which wont be long after!).

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

I have a fourball aranged at my local course. Few beers at the 19th then home. Hopefully it will all be over by then.

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

No doubt I'll discover another "fault" on my car that needs fixing over the weekend,thus avoiding the wedding and any invites to parties(if there's any planned round here,then they're secret)

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I'll place the Bacardi strategically to hand and thank my lucky stars that I have a DVD player and a good stock of discs.

I will also be thankful that I can record the news, and so wind on all those gushy Americans (who incidentally seem to be making much more of this wedding than we Brits),

Like this post
Blackhat

Likes # 0

It’s all gone pear shape for me; I had planned to be out in the sticks doing my volunteering work at the International Centre for Birds of Prey, well away from any TV or Radio. Now I have just learned that on the day they are holding a street party in the Hawk Walk area of the centre. Do I, don’t I, having difficulty now on what to do.link text

Like this post
Phoenix159.

Likes # 0

If the weather's nice, I'll sit in the park and do some writing and if the weather's bad, I'll sit inside and do exactly the same thing. And both of those things entail not watching the Royal Wedding.

I just think that it's wrong to have so much fuss about it - a wedding is a private matter, concerning only family and friends, not the entire country. I don't really mind if some people have a particular interest in royal matters, but don't puch said matters in the faces of people who don't particularly care.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......