We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What will you do on the big day?

Cymro.

Likes # 0

The wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton is hard to escape. So what will royal sceptics do with themselves on 29 April? link text There are several on this forum who for whatever reason have no wish to celebrate the royal wedding. So have any of you a novel way to spend the day.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Gardening if it's sunny, post some nonsense of some kind here if not;) Or I might make a start on Rockschool 3.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Definitely no street parties, more like cutting the hedges, and hoping that the sun's going to shine ;o)

Might even consider clearing up slightly, one of the out-houses and some of junk inside, as this is long overdue, but on second thoughts maybe not!.

Or most and very likely saving the world from global warming by not having the cathode tube on.

How novel are them ideas?.

Like this post
Seth Haniel

Likes # 0

We'll be Cruising around Raasay, Isle of Skye on the Waverley Paddle Steamer - 4 hour cruise :)

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Big day? Not for me isn't, just another Friday, like any other!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

My dad took me on a return trip on the Waverley from Glasgow to Rothesay in late '67 when we lived in Dunfermline. I know it was then because we past the QE2's shipyard a couple of weeks before it's launch. That out-towered everything along the Clyde.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I hope your still allowed to visit the engine room Seth Haniel. When I was on it it was a miserable day, but that didn't bother me as I just watched the engines most of the time, with the extra fascination at seeing the telegraph orders from the bridge be actioned live.

Full steam ahead...

Like this post
Seth Haniel

Likes # 0

have the Wingfield Castle Paddle Stemer here in Hartlepool - but more a museum piece now & cafe - took the Balmoral Cruise down to Whitby and back in 1999

Like this post
Colin

Likes # 0

If the weather's good, I'll get my motorbike out and take it for a spin. I did the same on Charles and Diana's wedding in 1981. The roads were deserted and it was like riding around in a science fiction film where the population had disappeared. Probably won’t be that quiet this time as I don’t think the interest will be as high.

Like this post
RGB76

Likes # 0

Exactly what I do every day and royalty won`t be included.

Like this post
Scillonia

Likes # 0

I will be attending another wedding at same time and date but about 220 miles away, then enjoying the reception.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Gear 2 review: Classy Tizen smartwatch is too expensive

IDG UK Sites

Eight possible names for the next version of Mac OS X: What will Apple call the follow-up to Maveri?......

IDG UK Sites

Why our gadgets will kill us all: bleating notifications, too many chargers and the proliferation...

IDG UK Sites

Inside Twitter's new design and ad offerings