We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

The AV referendum

Quickbeam

Likes # 0

link text

"the campaign has thrown up some strange alliances... Meanwhile, the "yes" campaign will see Mr Miliband rub shoulders with Vince Cable, who has found himself at odds with his Conservative coalition colleagues in recent days over immigration policy."

Listening to the street, people still don't get it that the coalition entails talking to and dealing with unlikely partners. The popular press still castigates the LibDems for reneging on their manifesto while blindly ignoring that the Tories have also had to compromise their ideal winner takes all position, because they're not in a position to do so, because they weren't given carte blanche at the election.

Should the AV take the day, how long do you think it'll take to get away from the I expected XXX from my party because they had the largest number of votes? I think it'll take a generation to get used to the change away from the my turn, you're turn, we'll do it our way regardless method that first past the post has given us.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I still can't get the links to take on a title FE.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

To get a Title

Click on the next icon to the right of the Globe-with-the-arrow, under 'Reply to this topic', then delete the word Heading and type in your Title.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Not that Nontek, a title for the hyperlink that should appear when you end the web address with the quotes filled with a text title. It's never done it yet for me.

Like this post
Graham.

Likes # 0

Referendum

Do you mean like this?

Like this post
Graham.

Likes # 0

Or if you still want a click here, click here

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

That's right, it won't do that for me.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Whatever happens on May 5th, I bet that there will still be a number of people who might be struggling to understand what this is all about. Most of the arguments that I have heard are about the initial cost and perhaps future costs and possible confusion.

Will there be recounts if the various parties disagree?.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I don't know whether to mark this as resolved as it gone off on an irrelevant tangent or to ask the FE to change the title to 'Why won't my links work right?'...:)

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Ah! Spuds has read my mind and guided it back on course.

Like this post
Grey Goo

Likes # 0

If the Scots vote yes,it may force it upon England whether we want it or not.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote