We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Old songs for the oldies...

rdave13
Resolved

Likes # 0

.... and that includes me. Some are not available but worth checking out I think.

http://www.stereomood.com/mood/vintage

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Amazon carry a good cd range of olden time nostalgia, at cheap prices. Been adding to my cd collection recently with this easy listening.

Wakey wakey, who remembers the person who used that on a regular basis?.

Like this post  
rdave13

Likes # 0

Billy Cotton?

Like this post
Graham.

Likes # 0

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"who remembers the person who used that on a regular basis?."

I' afraid I do, only too well!

Right up there with Ken Dodd and Max Btgraves.

Used to pass for peak Saturday night entertainment.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Would songs from the 1960's and 1970's be classed as oldies? I have recently listened to a lot of songs on the pub's jukebox and was amazed at the number and diversity of the selection. 10,000 was mentioned. ( It's £2 for 7 plays - and a touch screen format - the sound quality is excellent)It's very nice to have a pint(s) and listen to some obscure track(s) that you haven't heard for ages.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

I love these threads about music from the days when we were younger and appreciated proper music,, Some good stuff on here..

Have a listen to this little lot if it comes out o.k. link text

I haven't tried putting a link in with this new system recently, so fingers crossed..

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

I like Max Bygraves singing "I wish I could Sing Like Jolson". Of course Max was a terrible singer really but got away with it somehow. I've never sang on one of these Karaoke things but if I ever did I would probably sing the above song.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

AitchBEE 10,000 songs is pretty good for a jukebox, but they haven't the character of a Wurlitzer that slaps a vinyl 45 down on the turntable and then throws a blunt 6" nail into the grooves to play it:)

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Bingalau - will check out Max next time down the pub. Quickbeam - you are right, but sound quality and choice of tracks is pretty amazing.I'm a pink toothbrush ..your a blue toothbrush..

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Oh God!

Why did I ever mention Max Bygraves?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...